Though there was the lovers lane playlist last week, I do have a playlist for my singles ladies. I thought of songs that empower and make it ok to be your own woman. It can lift your spirits. You are single and awesome. I may be a rube in the love department but I sure know good music.
- Miss Independent-Kelly Clarkson
- No Scrubs-TLC
- Independent Women-Destiny’s Child
- Confident-Demi Lovato
- Roar-Katy Perry
- Single- Natasha Bedingfield
- I’m Every Woman-Chaka Khan version & Whitney Houston version
- Wings-Little Mix
- Brave-Sara Bareilles
- Girl on Fire- Alicia Keys
- Me, Myself, and I-Beyonce
- Unpretty -TLC
- Feeling Myself-Nicki Minaj
- Fighter-Christina Aguilera
- Stronger-Britney Spears
- I Don’t Need A Man-Pussycat Dolls
- Put Your Records On-Corrine Bailey Rae
What are you favorite single lady songs?
These are some of my favorite love songs. If I ever fall in love, these songs may make more sense to me. Love can be simplified through song. I always get the feels when I hear these songs. This is my Love on My Mind playlist.
- Endless Love-Lionel Richie & Diana Ross
- I Will Always Love You-Whitney Houston
- Let’s Stay Together- Al Green
- The Power of Love-Celine Dion
- All of Me-John Legend
- Perfect-Ed Sherran
- A Sunday Kind Of Love-Etta James
- No Ordinary Love- Sade
- You’re All I Need-Marvin Gaye
- Signed, Sealed, Delivered-Stevie Wonder
- I Like It-Debarge
- For Once In My Life-Stevie Wonder
What are your favorite love songs?
My shows have come BACK. The holiday
- Tuesdays: America’s Next Top Model (VH1)- I grew up with ANTM as a teen. I have watched almost all the seasons. I am happy that Tyra is back with her next level fierce. They are pushing for skin, age, and body diversity (which I admire..it’s about time). I love the other judges: Ashley Graham (LOVE, LOVE, LOVE), Drew from Paper Magazine is tinier version Mr. Jay (from the earlier years of Top Model) with critical criticism, and La Roach is awesome and good clapbacks.
- Tuesdays: This Is Us(NBC)– A wonderful drama that will make you cry. The characters are so relatable. I sometimes forget that this is not a real family. It is just real and authentic. I have never watched something this wonderful in years.
- Thursdays: Project Runway Allstars (Lifetime)– I am a big PR/PR Allstars fan. I have watched every season since Michael Kors was a judge, The Allstars version is doing Rookies (first-time Allstar) to Veterans (Allstars who have competed multiple times as Allstars). I have some favorites and some I don’t care for. We will see.
- Thursdays: Making A Model (Lifetime)– So Bella and Gigi Hadid’s mom is training young models and their moms to be supermodels. The prize is being signed to a big modeling agency. No elimination. Just challenges and mentoring to get these young girls to the TOP.
- Fridays: Hell’s Kitchen (FOX)- Yes there is a language issue but it is a good competitive show about cooking to the prize on running one of Gordon Ramsay’s restaurants.
- Saturdays: Say Yes to the Dress (TLC)- A girl can dream about her wedding dress. I love it.
I love my TV escape. What shows are you watching?
There are things that I need in my daily life. These things are the gate to who I am. They make me Bianca. They make me happy.
- My glasses. I am as blind as bat…so they are the first things I reach for.
- Jesus. The foundation I live by. There is no one better. He does not fail me. He is the hope that makes life worth living.
- My Family. The people who know me better than I know myself. We are truly a unit and I love them very much.
- My phone. It’s sad but true. I need my phone to function whether it be social media, calling home, texting, keeping up with my calendar, etc.
- My creativity. I love painting. It is my creative escape. Whether it be watercolor, acrylic, homebound or going to a painting place, I love expressing myself.
- My education. Knowledge is power. My parents were about Jesus and education. It did not matter that I was female. It mattered what was in my mind.
- Peace of Mind. God gives me the peace that surpasses all understanding. I do not want to give up my peace for anyone or anything that threatens it.
Two Words: Ashley Graham.
I grew up watching America’s Next Top Model and Project Runway. I adore the fashion world. My dream is to walk and buy things from Rodeo Drive (LA) and Fashion Ave, (NYC), to attend Fashion Week, and meet Tim Gunn (Project Runway) in NYC or anywhere.
Society likes to tell women how to look and how to be like. It’s like you have be size of a lollipop stick to be beautiful. I believe every person on Earth is fearfully and wonderfully made. God made us different for a reason. Your body is a beautiful temple because God said so.
Ashley Graham is a beautiful model…period. She is confident and chooses to embrace the skin she is in. I encourage you with her story and her words of encouragement.
Life gets very busy. It is not good for people to just work and pay taxes non-stop till you die. That would be a sad life. I have had to learn to de-stress and not let life get the best of me. Stress Relievers are tailored to help and to make life more interesting. I want to give you sobering ways to relax.
- Coloring Books. I know it sounds childish but they are quite the trend. I have too many coloring books. I love the ones with quotes and scripture. Just take 30 minutes or an hour to color.
- Paint Places. There are painting places where I live where you pay money for an instructor to teach you how to paint. My favorite place to go is Pinot’s Palette in Jacksonville, FL. They are wonderful people who are willing to help. It is BYOB. Whether it is a Friday night or a Tuesday afternoon, they offer great painting classes.
- A Bath. I love taking a soothing bath in silence. I love bath salts, bath fizzies, and aromatherapy soaps. I usually get them at Bath & Body Works, Marshall’s and TJmaxx.
- Eat Comfort Food. Give me ice cream or just dessert that puts me in a happy place. Use discretion with the intake but it’s a thought.
- Sleep/Nap. Enough said. It’s a beautiful thing to lay down and unwind.
- Talk to someone. You can talk to someone who listens and helps you defuse the situation. I know great friends who have made my stress levels go down by their presence and advice.
- Listen to Music. It is great to have music that puts you in a mellow and calm state.
- Walk. It is good to walk around. Easier said than done but get some sun.
All in all, take care of yourself. Don’t forget to make yourself a priority. This is my blissful list. What is a way you destress?
Great, inspirational words from CNN International news anchor, Zain Asher. Ya’ll the struggle is real but believe in your abilities. Yes, you will bumble and struggle but never give up on what you want. Work hard for what you want. Your circumstances do not define you. AND fun fact: her brother is actor, Chiwetel Ejiofor (Google Him). Some encouragement to give you life!!