The holiday season is STILL in full swing. As a single person, depending on what’s going on in life, it can be tough being “just you with no plus one.” Friends get engaged, family ask why you are still single, holiday specials and movies that make you wish you had someone, holiday parties without a plus one, etc.
But DO NOT FRET!! Single People, I have tips for your worries about this season.
- Wear your singlehood with pride when family and friends question you. Talk about the other blessings you have now because something eventful probably happened to you. Talk about school, a hobby, work, just something else besides your relationship status. A relationship is not the sum total of your life. Your life is interesting. If you dig deep and realize that you are more than your relationship status, then wearing your single banner with pride will not make you feel bad when your friends and family intentionally or unintentionally question “Why/How are you still single?” Smile, tell them you still single, and tell them what is going on in your fabulous single life.
- Give back to people who do not have the things you have. The holidays can be hard for people who are alone (not just single but they do not have anyone). Give back to others. Show a little extra kindness. Giving back does something to you and to another. A simple thing is giving out handwritten Christmas cards. It may be small but it could mean a lot to someone (believe me…I have seen it before).
- Give yourself a gift. Yes I said it!! Treat yourself to a nice present this holiday season. I started this tradition two years ago. I wanted to buy a ring for myself rather than wait for my husband to give me. It started to turn into a beautiful symbol of my journey as a single lady. Plus, it is good to spoil yourself every now and then.
- Rest. Easier said than done but do rest. You do not have to sleep but do something as a form of relaxation. Read a book for fun, sleep, Netflix (and be happy), etc.
- Enjoy the blessings around you. Like I said in #1, single life is still a blessed life. Enjoy your family and friends. Enjoy the provision God has blessed you with. Do not take it for granted.
Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!
Can Mama B be real with you?
I have found my voice!! Not literally, but figuratively. I loved to be liked and loved by everyone. People’s opinions mattered to me.
Fast forward to today, my voice is much loud and bolder. I am not being too obnoxious but I know what I deserve in life. My God says that I can have life abundantly in Him and that does not include negative, toxic people. Elimination of toxic people make my life freer to things that matter like school, family, my true friends, and most importantly, God.
It was hard at first cutting people off because I would be hurting their feelings. But, I needed peace of mind.
So I will encourage you with this:
If you value myself, you won’t give people discounts to hurt you or pull you down.There are moments where it is ok to be selfish and take care of your well-being. You deserve to love and be loved by genuine people who have your best interest at heart.
Mama B loves you so take care of yourself and everything will work out for the better.
I am really excited. Thank you supporting me in this new endeavor. Thank you for all the ideas for a blog name. Figuring out a name is a very difficult creative process. I wanted to come up with a name that would be a brand but still be me and represent my mission for this blog.
Blissfully is an adverb of bliss. The Merriam-Webster Dictionary definition of bliss is extremely or completely happy : full of or causing bliss.
Bianca is the name my parents gave to me. I love alliteration so it works. I wanted to use my name instead of a nickname. Don’t worry, Mama B is alive and well too. She will make her debut soon.
I am extremely happy and full of bliss!! I love making people happy. I love bringing out the best in people. Full bliss and happiness comes from Jesus Christ. He makes me the best Bianca I can be. My true friends and family bring out the best qualities in me too.
Bad news is all around the media and social media. It affects people’s moods and divides people. It causes hate, pain, sorrow, and disappointment.
I want you to read my blogs and not feel that. I want you to smile, laugh, happy cry, and be encouraged. Every day that you breathe on your own is a blessing. No matter how bad things get, there are good things to be thankful for.
There will be more posts and great things in store. Once again, thank you friends for encouraging me to start a blog, supporting me, and loving me too.