Thrive each day of your life. Be a better version of you. It does not need to be grand. Make an intentional, daily decision to not stay the same. Transform! Be magnetic and attract the good and repel the bad. Yesterday is the past. Today is the present. What are you waiting for?
God is leading me…TO WHAT!?!
My biggest pet peeve is people who are willy-nilly who don’t have a plan, who choose to be lazy, or who just float hoping for an opportunity.
God is a God of ORDER, not disorder. He executes his plan in His timing. He is not messy but has purpose with each step.
Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn, your vindication like the noonday sun.-Psalm 37:5-6
The Lord makes firm the steps of the one who delights in him-Psalm 37:23
Call to Action:
- Pray for direction and guidance from the God of Order. God will give you the daily steps but you have to be obedient in those steps.
- Commit to something and stick with it. It will be hard but you have to fight and have grit.
- Don’t play God. You will not know all the steps but some of the steps.
Finally, you may have the plan but God ultimately control the means and the ways. In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps.-Proverbs 16:9
Moral of the Story: Don’t be a willy-nilly. Be better. Do better. God believes in you and made you for a purpose. Live according to His purpose for your life.
I can relate to this. I feel a prickle of fear and inadequacy almost every day. I can stress over all my inadequacies all day but what will that do? Know you that you are one person. You are a human being. Do the best you can. Your best is your best. If anyone has a problem, then tough…you have done with you can.
We know our family and friends mean well but really!?! If we needed your help and guidance, we would ask. Singlehood is not a sad place if you don’t wallow waiting your soulmate. I live a wonderful fulfilling life as a single person. God’s providence has not lessened or changed because it’s just me.
I asked some of my peers the words/phrases they tire of hearing:
- Oh, I’m sorry.
- *Asks my age*… You should be married.
- You know that’s usually when God brings the right buy along
- It will happen when you least expect it
- Why aren’t you married?
- You’ve got plenty of time
- That’s a shame. You’re such a lovely girl
- You’re not getting any younger. If you wait too long you won’t be able to have kids.
- You’ll find the right one and just know
- God has His plan for you, just wait it out
- If you don’t settle, you’ll never have kids
- Your standards are too high.
- A degree is nice but it can’t love you back.
Your delivery of constant criticism of my relationship status is discouraging and flat out annoying (sorry not sorry). Family and Friends, like I said we know you mean well. If we wanted someone, we would say something. Instead of pitying and criticizing your single peeps, why not ask us about:
- What are you up these days?
- What are your goals?
- What is new in your life?
Single people have lives. We are interesting too. We just want you to love and RESPECT where we are. That is all.
There are things that I need in my daily life. These things are the gate to who I am. They make me Bianca. They make me happy.
- My glasses. I am as blind as bat…so they are the first things I reach for.
- Jesus. The foundation I live by. There is no one better. He does not fail me. He is the hope that makes life worth living.
- My Family. The people who know me better than I know myself. We are truly a unit and I love them very much.
- My phone. It’s sad but true. I need my phone to function whether it be social media, calling home, texting, keeping up with my calendar, etc.
- My creativity. I love painting. It is my creative escape. Whether it be watercolor, acrylic, homebound or going to a painting place, I love expressing myself.
- My education. Knowledge is power. My parents were about Jesus and education. It did not matter that I was female. It mattered what was in my mind.
- Peace of Mind. God gives me the peace that surpasses all understanding. I do not want to give up my peace for anyone or anything that threatens it.
You are stronger than you think.
The valley may seem impossible to climb.
But you have managed to keep climbing.
People may seem in awe but you knew the struggle it took.
Know that God gives unfathomable courage and strength.
With God all things are possible.
The valley you climb gets higher until you reach the top
You are on the top looking at the view.
What seemed impossible is possible.
You grow from soil of impossibility.
You breathe a sight of relief.
You have a heart of thankfulness.
You are stronger than you think.
Great, inspirational words from CNN International news anchor, Zain Asher. Ya’ll the struggle is real but believe in your abilities. Yes, you will bumble and struggle but never give up on what you want. Work hard for what you want. Your circumstances do not define you. AND fun fact: her brother is actor, Chiwetel Ejiofor (Google Him). Some encouragement to give you life!!